COVID-19 - how can we help? Please CLICK HERE for the latest information and advice from Gordons
Remortgage of a Residential Property
Range of our Legal Fees
Our fee covers all of the work required to complete the remortgage of your property.
We reserve the right to amend these fees during the course of the transaction if something unusual arises which could not be foreseen at the outset whereupon we will inform the client as soon as reasonably practicable.
Total Cost of the Service (incl VAT)
Additional fees will be incurred in remortgaging investment, buy to let mortgages and separate representation mortgages (where the lender is separately represented). In this instance our fees will increase by £450 plus VAT totalling £540.
To be added to the above are the administration costs of the following
Total Cost (incl VAT)
Telegraphic Transfer Administration Fee per transfer
Company Search Administration Fee (if company search is necessary)
Client Identity Verification and Due Diligence
Third Party Lawyer Verification and Due Diligence
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
A typical list of disbursements we will have to pay out are as follows:
Land Registry Official Copies (no VAT)
Search Fees (incl of VAT)
£250.00 to £500.00
Land Registration Fees (no VAT)
£20.00 to £250.00
Bankruptcy Search (no VAT)
£2.00 per person
Pre-completion Search (no VAT)
Land Registry Registration Fee
The Registration Fee you will pay depends on the purchase price of your property and the application type. You can calculate the exact amount you will need to pay be using the Land Registry’s website (http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/fees-calculator.html).
Details of our Services and Key Stages to the Transaction
- Take your instructions and send out to you our Terms and Business
- Request up to £500 on account of the searches
- Raise our standard remortgage enquiries
- Carry out property searches
- Obtain Land Registry documentation
- Obtain planning documentation if required
- Go through the conditions of your mortgage offer with you
- Report to you finally and send the Mortgage Deed to you for execution
- Agree a completion date
- Obtain a redemption statement from your existing lender (if any)
- Obtain pre-completion searches
- Prepare a Statement of Account and arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and yourself
- Complete your remortgage
- Deal with the application for registration at HM Land Registry
How long will my remortgage take?
How long it will take until the remortgage of your property completes will depend on many factors. The average process takes between 3 to 6 weeks.