Rebecca is a Director in the Firm and heads up the Employment Department. She has a wealth of experience advising clients ranging from PLCs to start-ups and senior executives in all areas of employment law.
Rebecca specialises in company restructures, employee relations and senior executive dismissals. She has a particular interest and expertise in TUPE and works closely with the Corporate Department on transactions.
Rebecca has recently:-
- Advised on all employment law aspects of the sale of a significant part of a client’s business, which involved multifaceted issues concerning the transfer of staff under TUPE.
- Devised a flexible template fixed-term employment contract which allowed the employer to second employees to group companies all over the world, for any period of time.
- Advised on the application of TUPE to a large outsourcing project and secured appropriate protection for our client in the contractual documentation.
- Successfully defended an unfair dismissal and disability discrimination claim.
- Trained a client’s managers on how to effectively manage and fairly dismiss underperforming employees.
- Represented a senior Director of a luxury brand PLC who said:
“Thank you for being such a sturdy support through all of this, you have been amazing. It was reassuring to have someone as good as you representing me through the whole ordeal.”
Rebecca is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and in her spare time she enjoys running and road cycling.